Home Community Plugins and widgets Pros & Cons of using JetPack with WooCommerce

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, any pros/cons of using JetPack with WooCommerce? The person who set up my WP page said I shouldn’t use JetPack because it caused problems, slowdowns, and was redundant because WP-engine does a lot of what JetPack does. But WooCommerce seems to really be pushing to install JetPack.

Allwane
    Participant

Jetpack allows you to take advantage of more free functionality from WooCommerce, like WooCommerce Shipping (shipping rates and labels) and WooCommerce Taxes (automated tax rates). Jetpack has a bad reputation for including too much functionality in one plugin, but it’s a TON better than it used to be and offers speed optimization tools, security tools, and more. And you can turn off any functionality you’re already getting elsewhere.

DBurk
    Participant

I like Jetpack. For $39 a year you get a lot of security, lazy loading, CDN image management, daily backups, Akismet anti-spam, and more. I have it running on 5 sites and find it very stable. It doesn’t slow your site down. Things like embedded YouTube videos do, because the video is loaded before the page loads. It gets a bad rap for pages that have way too much code in the header, etc. I think it does what it’s supposed to do just fine. Plus the support is really strong. I get replies to emails in 30-60 minutes on average from tech support.

shane_x
    Participant

I’ve had issues with it on high traffic sites, but for lower traffic sites, it’s fine.

Steve_HH
    Participant

It made my review stars on the products page turn into question marks. I got it because I wanted to use WooCommerce mobile.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.