WooCommerce 4.0.1 is now available! This is a minor release and includes several bug fixes discovered after releasing WooCommerce 4.0. It addresses problems related to Action Scheduler migration, multisite installations, coupon usage, variation saving, and shipping estimates.
WooCommerce 4.0.1 Changelog
- Enhancement – Update Action Scheduler to 3.1.4. #25966
- Enhancement – Bump Woocommerce Admin dependency to version 1.0.2. #25961
- Enhancement – Update dependency woocommerce/woocommerce-admin to v1.0.3 #25975
- Fix – Add usage_count meta before using it in a query. #25882
- Fix – Corrected argument type validation in plugin installer API. #25858
- Fix – Use standard admin_url function instead of absolute path. #25884
- Fix – Reverted the performance optimization made to variation saving. #25950
- Fix – Send dummy params to evaluate_cost method to detect validation errors. #25946
- Fix – Made the package shipping check more permissive. #25916
- Fix – Fix admin notes table does not exist errors when upgrading to 4.0.x. #25891
- WooCommerce Admin
- Enhancement – Onboarding: business step: add Google Ads extension install.
- Tweak – create database tables on an earlier hook to avoid conflicts with core WooCommerce.
- Fix – Add Report Extension Example: Add default props to ReportFilters.
- Fix – Product report sorting by SKU when some products don’t have SKUs.
- Fix – type warning on install timestamp in PHP 7.4.
- Fix – PHP error when WooCommerce core is Network Active on Multisites.
- Fix – missing database table errors on WooCommerce upgrade.
- Fix – undefined const WC_ADMIN_VERSION_NUMBER when WP < 5.3
- Fix – Made the admin note loading more resilient to prevent failures when loading notes with invalid content_data. #3926
- Fix – Removed replace_actionscheduler_store_class function. #3936
- Fix – Rename Google Shopping image asset. #3931
- Fix – Fix calling protected has_satisfied_dependencies on outdated plugin. #3938
- Dev – Add Changelog script.
- Dev – Fix failing tests after WC core merge.
- Dev – Bump WooCommerce tested up to tag.
- Dev – Update prestart script so readme.txt stable tag is updated.
- Action Scheduler
- Fix – Re-create tables if needed on Scheduled Actions screen load. #492
- Fix – Add null action check on Scheduled Actions screen list rows. #493
- Fix – Fix context on ignored action log message. #481
- Fix – Restore scheduled action row and bulk action processing on WooCommerce Status screen. #487
- Fix – Include logs table re-create missed in #492. #495
- Fix – Ensure valid table name in save action. #498
It is highly recommended to update WooCommerce to this version as soon as possible.
Download the latest release of WooCommerce here or visit Dashboard → Updates to update the plugin from your WordPress admin screen.
As usual, if you spot any other issues in WooCommerce core, please log them in detail on GitHub. Found a security issue? Please submit a report via HackerOne.
If you enjoyed reading this, then please explore our other articles below: